The beginning of IRONMAN certified coach Joel starts with engaging his competitive perception in team sports. After a basketball career as a player, his first coaching experience was with a basketball team. In its first year, it elevated the city’s footing in sport by bringing the city’s first state title with only 3 losses that year.
Our commander coach Joel, has six years of studies since his bachelor’s degree in physical education, his specialization in sports training. He has published numerous articles on psychological training in sports and sports training. And with a sporting baggage started in professional sports at a professional level, his training as a coach climbed more and more complex floors.
His entry into the triathlon was the final step so he could exercise his complete training philosophy on mind over muscle theory.
His athletes identify with him by the insatiable stance of never being satisfied with his performance. Joel is also in demand and highly respected for hir motivational speaking engagements.
• International certification by Ironman University with the Ironman Certified Coach, first class, as part of the IRONMAN Coach Association. Workload, 205h, 2015.
IRONMAN University has had its curriculum reviewed by various federations and professional certification bodies.
List of credits obtained and their scores on CEU *
√ National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – 1.4 CEUs
√ USA Cycling (USAC) – 10 CEUs
√ USA Triathlon (USAT) – 3 NON-USAT CEUs
√ American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – 14 CECs
√ American Council on Exercise (ACE) – 1.7 CEUs
√ Deutsche Triathlon Union (DTU) – 15 CEUs
√ International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) – 18 CEUS
* CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. The CEU is a credit facility equal to ten hours of participation in an accredited program for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice various professions.
• Member of the IRONMAN Coaches Association – Community of Resistance Sports Coaches with exclusive access to participation in international forums, webnaries with experts and exclusive coaching clinics.
• 5th Placement in Brazil in ranking of points representing Team Commandos by TRiclub – Worldwide program of support to the world clubs that generate benefits to their athletes according to their classifications throughout the season.
• Triathlon coach level I by the Brazilian Triathlon Confederation CBTri. Working hours: 24h. Florianópolis, SC. 2014.
Rescuing each person’s greatest potential by identifying their weakness, making the athlete succeed in turning their weakness into their greatest strength. And their greatest legacy will be their pursuit of building their journey through their training plan. And at the end of the training, the athlete will have full satisfaction for achieving his goal, as well as will enjoy all the way from his training until the end of the journey. Only then will your trip be complete.
Joel A. de Bem Jr, Master coach and founder of Commandos
“Established by conquest, moves by advantage and transforms through segmentation and reunion. Thus, its speed is like the wind, its slowness as the forest, its invasion and pillage like a bonfire. It ‘s as hard to know as the darkness, and on the move, it’ s like thunder.”
Sun Tzu, Art of War
Wants to know the essence of the jaguar? Click on our shield…
Want to learn more about our training system?